Friday 12 June 2009

Ghostface Killah 'Mighty Healthy' (DJ Step One blend)


















I haven't had any time to rip tapes this week and seeing as I haven't posted one of my blends for a while I thought I'd drop this one on you. I put the acapella of Ghostface's 'Mighty Healthy' over the instrumental to Pete Rock's 'We Roll' and it turned out quite nicely...

DOWNLOAD

I actually really liked the original Pete Rock track with Jim Jones & Max B (seriously!) but Ghostface's vocals fit just as nicely over the Kool & The Gang break.
I was kind of disappointed when PR & GFK hooked up for 'Be Easy' (on 'Fishscale') but hopefully they'll work together again in the future. Once Ghost gets that R&B album out the way of course.

BONUS: Heres where the Soul Brother #1 got the original sample:

Kool & The Gang 'You Dont Have To Change'

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, so much better than hearing Max B or whatever trash emcees PR originally had on this beat. I even dealt with the og hook and lyrics just cause the beat was so def. Thanks, man. Now I can listen to this without feeling embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete