Monday 29 June 2009

Obligatory MJ post...

I wasn't gonna post anything as there's not really much I can add that hasn't been said already.
Then DJ Premier and Mista Cee's tribute mixes both appeared on the net so it seemed within the spirit of this blog to feature them.

The DJ Premier one is available here. Shout to Gimantalor holding it down for all things Primo related.

Mista Cee's mix on Hot 97 is here. Big up Marioka. Go see him for some classic mixtapes.

Some things I will say on the subject:
* 'Bad' was one of the first albums I learnt the words to start to finish.
* 'Billie Jean' is probably the most reliable, fail-safe record you can own as a DJ. It fills any dancefloor with the quickness.
* I dont understand how his albums sold out. Whats up with all these "fans" that didnt already own 'Bad', 'Thriller' and 'Off The Wall' ?!

No comments:

Post a Comment