Sunday 24 July 2011

DJ Step One 'Early 00s Rap Stuff' mix


So, before I get my shit together and start ripping some of these tapes I've acquired I thought I'd post up this mix I knocked up during the week. There's no real theme to it, I just wanted some stuff I hadn't heard for a while to listen in the car. I suppose it could be best summed up as 'East Coast hood shit that you might have found on a Clue or Kay Slay tape'. I only used vinyl, for those of you care about that kind of thing.

DOWNLOAD

STREAM @ MIXCLOUD

Tracklist
Game ft G Unit 'Hate It Or Love It'
Mobb Deep ft Big Noyd 'Double Shots'
Capone N Noreaga 'Invincible'
Freeway ft Peedi Crack 'Flipside' (blend w/ 'Nothin')
Beanie Sigel & Freeway 'Roc The Mic'
Beanie Sigel & Memphis Bleek 'So Whatcha Sayin'
Nas 'Made You Look' (blend w/ '2 Gunz Up')
Nas 'Thiefs Theme'
Phillys Most Wanted ft Fabolous & Clipse 'Cross The Border' remix
Jay Z, Memphis Bleek & Geda K 'Murda Murda'
Kool G Rap 'First Nigga'
Clipse ft Ab Liva, Rosco and Pharrell 'Hot Damn'
Cam'ron & Juelz Santana 'Harlem'
G Dep, P Diddy & Black Rob 'Lets Get It'
G Dep ft Keith Murray, Ghostface & Craig Mack 'Special Delivery' remix
Gang Starr 'The Ownerz'

I originally posted this on Saturday without realising that the recording levels were way too loud and it was distorting. If you were one of the 18 who downloaded it between then and last night you might want to delete and cop it again.
I'm very much aware that I need to step my game up as far as artwork to accompany my mixes goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment